samedi 26 mai 2012

Olivier Martelly, un jeune entrepreneur : Interview avec The KOMPA MAGAZINE (Oct. 10, 2008) sur son entreprise de production et de promotion de la musique haitienne.


PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: OLIVIER MARTELLY (MICKY'S SON): THE KOMPA MAGAZINE INTERVIEW




We had the opportunity to conduct an interview with OLIVIER MARTELLY (Sweet Micky's son ...ON THE LEFT, with his younger brother Sandro) about a few of his upcoming projects, as well as a bout his famous Dad. CHECK IT OUT BELOW!
__________________________

(INTERVIEW CONDUCTED BY PATRICK DESVARIEUX)


1) OLIVIER MARTELLY, tell us about the "BIG O" project, and how it all came about?

OLIVIER: I am currently working on a project and its not called the "BIG O PROJECT." In actuality it is a project but I don't have an official name for it yet. What I do know is that I want my project to different all the way around. I don't want to do what people expect of me, I want to do what is unexpected; from the sound to the style I want it to be contemporary which is what Big O Production Company represents. You can feel a different vibe in "My Lady," and when my artist Ben Eustache and I were working on it a good friend of mine propose we work with Olivier Duret's. I loved the idea and that's basically how it all started!

2) Where can we expect this project to go if it blows up? Will it strictly be a STUDIO CD project, or are there music videos and a possible tour coming up?

OLIVIER: If it goes the way I want it to, then it will go far! I mean far! It will be more than just a studio cd. Music videos are definitely going to be part of our mission to bring our songs to our fans, and of course when people love what they hear, they will want to see it live!

3) Is it safe to say that you prefer being BEHIND THE SCENES as PRODUCER, instead of being in front as a SINGER/VOCALIST/MUSICIAN?

OLIVIER: Yes you can say that. Singing was never my thing. Music production has and will always be my primary focus. One day you will see me on the keys too! Also, even if I wanted to sing my parents gave those talents to my brothers and sisters! Menm lem pale m detone!

4) Is there a lot of pressure on you musically because of who your father is, especially due to the fact that he did a lot for the Haitian music industry with many many years of being at the top of the game?

OLIVIER: Yes there is some pressure because many people know me just as the son of Sweet Micky, than as producer BigO. I'm just trying to use my father's work ethic to get on top of my craft and my music, which means I must work hard to deliver what people expect from the son of Sweet Micky. The real pressure is getting the fans to support my music, and giving them great music! Now that is one of my greatest aspirations!

5) Were you forced into the Haitian music industry because it was something you FELT you had to do to keep the legacy of the MARTELLY name going, or it was your choice?

OLIVIER: No, I was not forced into the HMI. I was born into it and it is only natural for me to do what my passion desires, and that seems to be music whether its zouk, techno, hip-hop or compas. I probably will never be able to live up to the legacy my father created, but I can only try my best to create my own legacy with the help and support of my father. What he did for compas music is immeasurable and I hope to do the same in my field of production with the artists that I work with!

6) How does your DAD, and also your MOM feel about the musical path that you've decided to pursue?

OLIVIER: For the past couple of years I have been producing a lot of music. Both my mom and dad have always been my #1 supporters, after my brothers and sisters. Even though my parents support me 100 percent, they make sure to remind daily that I school should be first!

7) What's the deal with YOU AND SANDRO Martelly? Are you guys putting a band together in the future to join the business or not?

OLIVIER: First and foremost Sandro and I are one and will always. He plays a vital role in all of my endeavors including my production company. When the time is right, we will do what is right for us in regards to putting a band together.

Cool How has your song "MY LADY" been received from what you know?

OLIVIER: "MY LADY" has received great reviews so far. I cannot complain. People love it because its different, it's contemporary, and because it's catchy!

9) Who is your favorite HMI musician BESIDES YOUR DAD? What about your favorite band?

OLIVIER: Two of my favorite HMI musicians are Ti Harold and Nickenson Prudhomme.

As far as BANDS, That's a tough one! Let me be politically correct on this one! I love them all, but I must say at this time it would have to be T-Vice and Djakout!

10) Any final words?

OLIVIER: I would like to start by thanking kompamagazine for being one of the first supporters of "My Lady." Of course I can't forget Olivier Duret, Mika Benjamin, Ben Eustache, and my best of friends Ralphy and Black. Oh and I can't forget Andy Barrow and Reynaldo Martino for their help with the song.

I want all the supporters of my music to know that there is much more to come from Big O Productions. Stay tuned, and we have more to come with Olivier Duret, Ben Eustache and myself.

Thanks for your support
_________________
KOMPAMAGAZINE CONTACT INFO
Phone: (646) 529-5735
E-Mail: Kompamagazine@gmail.com 
____________________
"La vraie reconstruction d'Haïti passe par des réformes en profondeur des structures de l'État pour restaurer la confiance, encourager les investisseurs et mettre le peuple au travail. Il faut finir avec cette approche d'un État paternaliste qui tout en refusant de créer le cadre approprié pour le développement des entreprises mendie des millions sur la scène internationale en exhibant la misère du peuple." Cyrus Sibert
Reconstruction d'Haïti : A quand les Réformes structurelles?
Haïti : La continuité du système colonial d'exploitation  prend la forme de monopole au 21e Siècle.
WITHOUT REFORM, NO RETURN ON INVESTMENT IN HAITI (U.S. Senate report.)

Aucun commentaire: