lundi 6 décembre 2010

President von Arx: I will chain myself to a column in the campus center and not eat until the abuse victims in Haiti are fed

OPEN LETTER

December 5, 2010

Rev. Jeffrey von Arx, S.J,
President
Fairfield University
Fairfield, Connecticut

Dear President von Arx,

"The boys are hungry," Cyrus Sibert tells me in a message this morning.

I can't stand to hear these words one more day. The boys who were raped and sodomized by Perlitz demand our undivided attention.

I want your authorization, President von Arx, to send money today to Cyrus Sibert so that he can distribute rice, spaghetti and beans to the boys who were sexually abused.

Why can't you understand that we must respond to the violence committed against these kids by showing our care and support?

The most important thing we can do is to help them with their most basic needs.

I am sick and tired of begging you for scraps of food to help feed these boys.

Would the seriousness of this situation become more real to you if I chain myself to a column inside the campus center and do not eat until you help feed the boys in Haiti?

Let's take this a week at a time. I need  $500.

Please give me the immediate go ahead to send money for food today.

Paul Kendrick
Fairfield University '72

____________________

"La vraie reconstruction d'Haïti passe par des réformes en profondeur des structures de l'État pour restaurer la confiance, encourager les investisseurs et mettre le peuple au travail. Il faut finir avec cette approche d'un État paternaliste qui tout en refusant de créer le cadre approprié pour le développement des entreprises mendie des millions sur la scène internationale en exhibant la misère du peuple." Cyrus Sibert
Reconstruction d'Haïti : A quand les Réformes structurelles?
Haïti : La continuité du système colonial d'exploitation  prend la forme de monopole au 21e Siècle.
WITHOUT REFORM, NO RETURN ON INVESTMENT IN HAITI (U.S. Senate report.)


Aucun commentaire: